Saturday, January 15, 2011

Venture: Cooking (with) Class...


i have been sitting in front of my computer trying to think of a new post - i was going back and forth with "Leftovers", and how important it is to finish off the food we prepare (I'll save that for a later post), and then thought about writing a post on keeping a weekly "Menu" (I'll save that one too) when the conversation of my Collections came up.

i keep several collections of vintage items including: Vintage Mixing Bowls, Vintage Pottery, Vintage McCoy Vases, and Vintage Cookbooks - of all my collections, some of the most priceless are my Cookbooks. Cookbooks are important to keep on hand, esp. for that one of a kind meal for dinner parties, or just a different take on the day to day items often prepared.

While eating my dinner, prepared from the week's leftover's, we began talking about the book featured above, "Esquire: Cook Book" which was published in 1955. The book contains some of the best recipe's from top restaurants of it's time including NYC, Paris, Italy, and New Orleans. the idea was suggested that we prepare one recipe a week, and then we took it a step further challenging each other to cook our way through the cookbook. So as we venture through this book i will be posting, periodically, recipe's from the vintage cookbook. i have always wanted to prepare a roasted Duck, or Rabbit Stew, it all sounds like so much fun. i will do my best to translate these recipe's into healthy meals and substitute where i can for Organic.

i am looking forward to sharing my book and challenge with you...
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment